Yo soy ese punto en la nieve...

En hacer lo que aquí os cuento (Y en el hecho de contároslo) se me va el tiempo en Helsinki. Se agradecen mucho las participaciones en forma de comentarios ;D. Y aunque por teléfono os diga que no, os echo de menos a todos. Un abrazo muy fuerte!!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Got mail from SRWSF

The spanish royal winter sports federation (SRWSF) has just mailed me. I will translate and copypaste it here for u:



Spanish royal winter sports federation


Dear Mr. Martínez:

In reply to your request of being part of national cross-skiing team for Torino 2006, the following resolutions have been aproved:
  1. The SRWSF strongly thanks your commitment in helping your country.
  2. The SRWSF guarantees that your formal request has been impartially analysed.
  3. The SRWSF will never, never, never admit you in the national team, based on the reports describing your lasts performances our finnish spies have returned.
  4. The SRWSF strongly recommends you asking for the morroquian nationality. It is not very far away and you may have a chance there, as long as they have nothing but desserts.
  5. The SRWSF hereby informs you that a new filter has been configured for automatically erasing any further emails coming from you.
Looking forward not hearing from you anymore,

Well... Er.... Nothing to say, I gess. My performance was BAD ;P. Actually, it took less than 20 seconds falling to the floor. Maybe that's a new world record!

This time the chosen place was Lahti, finnish sports sactuary (and specially skiing), one hour and a half away from Helsinki. The skiing squadron was formed by The Valadier bros., Sanna, Andreas and the one writing to you. The objective: 15km.

I have to say that today was better than the last one, though. I performed less bad (cannot say "better"), had a lot of fun and the place was amazingly beatiful. I had some "I will stop here and lie 'till death" moments, but I survived.

The only negative point about the day was that Flavien hurted is ankle. Recover soon!

The return was terrible. We all were totally destroyed, and almost no conversation was held inside the car.

I will keep on practising, it is really amusing (not only for me but for the ones looking at me ;DDD), and it is sport, isn't it? Who knows, la fédération royaled marocaine de ski et de montagne may be my next stop! As one of the most important modern philosophers would say: "To infinity, and beyond!"

See you soon,

Some pics:

Where to go?
-------------------------------------------------------

German team, too experienced for me ;D
-------------------------------------------------------
Actually, not that cold for Finland...
-------------------------------------------------------

Main reason for not being admitted in the national team.
-------------------------------------------------------

Ain't no mountain high enough...
-------------------------------------------------------

A bit tired after the session

2 Comments:

  • At 1:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I cannot understand why the Spanish team didn't choose you to fight for medals in Olympic Winter Games??? I think "freestyle" is the right word for way of skiing?!
    Maybe you really should think about chaning your nationality...maybe even Germany would "adopt" you!
    Keep on rockin' - Waiting for news...

     
  • At 8:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey !!
    That's so great to see these pictures !!
    But was it really so difficult ? I'm not sure !! In fact, it was too easy for me ;-)
    But what's that ?!! Am I sleeping on the last picture ?!! damn !! maybe I was a bit exhausted finally :p
    lol !!

    (One of the Valadier bros. ;-))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home