Experimental entertainment
Yesterday's eve, 18:45. I am (starting and) finnishing an essay on "The Ch'ing code《大清律例》, Law in imperial China. Theory and practical cases & sentences", due today at twelve in the morning. While I try to understand why a guy that killed his son for getting money only gets whipped sixty times with a bamboo stick while an annonymous acuser can be deported to some forced vacations with the imperial army in Manchura, my matkapuhelin rings, Marcela speaking. "Do you want to go to an experimental music session? There will be saxophones!Rapid resonin
g:*I like music
*I like saxos
*We lacked saxos during last night's concert
*I always have fun with Rodrigo and Marcela
*How much time I need to get rid on Confucius?
*I have some other party tonight, will I be on time?
*Experimental music, risky but usually funny
*Legalism is interesting, but at this point is killing me (softly)
(Forward_reasoning output): Ok, let's meet at 19:50!
The place was cozy and nice, with a wonderful tea smell in the atmosphere. Lots of "cool" people h,anging around, stranges sound everywhere... very.. bohemian let's say. Then we got into the actual showroom. And er... Well, I may be a sad, narrow-minded, non-creative-at-all engineer, but if that was music I am the reincarnation of Zico. First, two video were broadcasted. In the first one we couldwatch something pretty worring, with weir sounds, weird colours and an ugly doll. The second one was compliaining about HELSINKI'S ACOUSTIC CONTAMINATION!!!! Have these guys been in Madrid or Rome? For sure not ;D
The second performance was three guys on the stage. Each of them was carring a mic. Suddenly, onestarted to some noises: "Glop, glop, glop". Without waiting, another one answered "Ahgeeee, ahgeeee, ahgeeee..." I cannot write down what the third one said. This situation lasted for fifteen minutes, with some variations on the themes... Then they all dropped down to the floor. One took a bag of chips ("snack pussi" in finnish, no jokes here) another one introduced the microphone inside his mouth and the last one, that was lying with is face towards the floor, placed a plate full of water between his mouth and the mic, introduced his face inside the plate and started to blow, as the others were ding something like "crunch, crunch, wwoaahahahaa...." Again, this is far away from my horizont of comprehension.
It was a pity, but I had to leave straight to a party... Damm...
T
he meeting was Alex's farewell party. Basically, standard erasmus preparty, with chat, people and lots of drinking. A lot of french speaking, by the way. But it was ok, althoug a bit sad!! Alex will be oing in a couple of days, and I'm REALLY going to miss my "sixth flatmate".Here you'll find a gallery of the pics.
After a couple of hours they decided to go Onnela, but Confucious was wating for me... Buawhaaahahaaa.... Will join them next time!

1 Comments:
At 1:29 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
your images have reminded me recent news in spain : Socialists say that "human rights" for monkeys should be recognized
taken from a mr bean sketch?? recent studies have found close similarities between Mr. Atkinson and our president.. so may be
personally I think that it would be more interesting to achieve human rights for the humans first.
Post a Comment
<< Home